Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Antipasto
This is a great recipe that can be used as a light snack or as an appetizer for a meal. I personally enjoy the stronger flavor of extra virgin olive oil, but if you find the flavor to be too overwhelming, try mixing it with light olive oil. The salt and pepper helps bring out the flavor of the tomatoes. If you are looking to make this antipasta even more healthy, try adding avocado! To add more color to this dish, try supplementing large tomatoes with orange or red cherry tomatoes.
2-4 Tbsp olive oil
3 ripe tomatoes
½ lb of fresh mozerella cheese
2 pinches of salt
1. Rinse the tomatoes and with a small knife, cut out the stem from the tomatoes. Using a serrated knife, cut the tomato in ¼ inch thick slices.
2. Cut ¼ inch thick mozzarella slices.
3. With a chef’s knife (non-serrated), cut longitudinally down to the core the entire way around the avocado.
4. Twist the two halves open, and with a spoon, separate the pit and the avocado meat as well as the skin.
5. Cut 1/4 inch thick slices of avocado.
6. Lay the avocado and tomato slices alternatively on a plate and lightly salt the tomatoes.
7. Lay the mozzarella slices on top and drizzle the olive oil on top of everything.
8. Add basil leaves to the top of the mozzarella slices and enjoy!