15 Minute Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
311 calories, 5g fat, 57 carbs, 16g protein
I’m a butternut squash addict. I love adding it to all kinds of dishes because it’s really healthy, hearty and tastes great, especially with spices like rosemary and thyme. This macaroni and cheese is a perfect fast and easy fall dish that tastes great and just happens to be good for you too. If you want, you can also add caramelized onion, carrots or other types of squash too.
Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups raw butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. Land O’Lakes Light Butter
- 1 cup Sargento Reduced Fat Italian blend
- Rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 box (12 oz dry) Rozoni Smart Taste Penne
- Put water (covered) on high to cook pasta.
- Over medium heat, melt butter, add milk, 1/2 teaspoon of each spice and squash. Cook 8-10 minutes until squash is fork tender.
- Add flour to squash and stir to mix well. Sauce should start to thicken. Then add in cheese. Mix until it melts, then continue cooking 2-3 minutes until thick.
- Drain pasta, toss with squash sauce and enjoy!