Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apples
150 calories, 0.5g fat, 39 carbs, 1g protein
For the holidays this year, you can forget the apple pie with this incredibly delicious treat. This is one of those fantastic recipes that tastes phenomenal and just happens to be more healthy for you. You can also try adding nuts or dried fruit to the filling (golden raisins are my favorite). I topped a few of mine with a half teaspoon of chopped pecans. You can bake the apples longer to make them more soft so they fall apart, or cook them a little less so they still have a bite.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 large apples
- 2 Tbsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Land O’Lakes Light Butter
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Core apples–make sure not to cut through the bottom. You can use an apple corer or carefully use a paring knife.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugars and spices.
- Cut butter into 6 cubes and put one cube into each apple along with 1/6 of the sugar spice mixture (you can also top with chopped nuts if you’d like).
- Place in a casserole dish and add about 1/2 inch of water to the dish as well.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until browned and soft.