Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
38 calories, 1g fat, 6 carbs, 1g protein
This is undoubtedly the best mini-muffin recipe yet and, possibly my favorite recipe ever! They are extremely delicious, packed with chocolate chips and the whole-wheat flour makes them extra hearty. Try making a double batch (or mix and match different mini muffin flavors available on my page piecesinprogress.tumblr.com/minimuffin) and freezing them four or five at a time in Ziploc bags for perfect on-the-go snack packs. These would also make fantastic regular sized muffins; you would need around three to four mini muffins worth of batter for each regular sized one.
- 1 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes Light Butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/4 cup Silk Light soymilk
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Cream together butter and Truvia until it makes a thick paste.
- Add soymilk, egg white and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Spray mini-muffin tin with nonstick spray. Scoop one heaping tablespoon of batter into each cup so that you make 22 mini muffins (I find it helps to divide the batter into sections first).
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden and enjoy!
Makes 22 mini muffins